In my last post, I explained why any "training technique" that scares
your dog isn't good. Fear is a terrifying teacher. Poking, hitting,
shocking -- these are things bullies do. I've said it before, and I'll
say it again: love your dog, don't bully him.
There is a much better way.
1) Remember, Dogs Are People Too.
Or
maybe I should rephrase that: Remember, Humans Are Animals Too. Either
way, science now tells us that dogs and toddlers have a lot in common.
Their brains are nearly identical.
In "Inside a Dog,"
Alexandra Horowitz, DVM, says that dogs definitely think, feel and
reason. This book is a personal favorite. It's science giving
anthropomorphism a little thumbs up. Click here to read the entire article
Visit Bandit's Buddies - Natural Heartworm Programs
What's on sale?
Holistic Pet Foods and Supplements
Like Us on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want a response, you will need to include your email address. Thanks for visiting and taking the time to post a comment!