Monday, August 29, 2011

Dogs: Nail Trimming!

The Nail Wars

Poor dogs. Some of us think getting a manicure is akin to heaven, but for dogs, getting their nails done is more often like going to hell. I was thinking about this last night while I was working with Willie on nails that grow extra long and extra fast because of his restricted exercise. I just switched him over to a “grinder” (Oster Grinder or Dremel, mine is an Oster) and asked myself this question: “What took me so long?” I used the Oster on both Pippy Tay and Lassie for years and with great success, but was a tad lazy about conditioning Willie to it until now. Although I’ve only cut into the quick of one of his nails one time, (and then not badly — but still, I hate it when that happens) and have used buckets of treats while trimming his nails, Willie clearly hated having his nails trimmed and seemed to more and more as the years went on.

Read the entire article

Visit Bandit's Buddies - Natural Heartworm Programs
What's on sale?
Holistic Pet Foods and Supplements
Be a Fan on Facebook
Follow Me at Twitter

No comments: